‘Follow God’s Voice’
‘and when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers’
Covenant Teaching: Jn. 10:27-30; Ps. 91:10-15
One crucial thing Christians must do is follow hard after the voice of God. Those who will see God’s will established in any area are quick to hear and obey Him. If you will in this way do things differently, you will walk majestically into your inheritance for no one steps into ‘greater dimensions’ without following the voice of the Shepherd.
Satan sees prophecy and provokes adversity; his attacks are not inspired by your current location but by your destination in God. Moses and Jesus are examples of assassination attempts long before there were any manifestations of destination. This is why we need God’s voice to navigate through treacherous waters.
[Mat. 2:13; Jn. 1:29]
The voice of the Lord guides into victory over satanic sieges and those who do not listen to Him fall into numerous snares. Several calamities are traceable to failure to hear or obey God’s voice. The easy path to prophecy and promise is following His voice _ ‘be quiet’, ‘marry him’, ‘sow the seed’, ‘live right’, etc.
[Rev. 1:10; Ps. 95:7-8]
The prophets of Baal laboured all day and cut themselves with knives but got no results. Conversely, Elijah commanded fire out of a clear sky saying ‘I have done this at Your word’. The truth is fruitless labour and ridicule cease when God’s voice is followed. Like Elijah, get ‘something’ out of ‘nothing’ by this powerful mystery.
[1 Kg. 18:36-37]
The first thing Elijah did was to rearrange the altar. Those who hear God clearly maintain strong altars. This is where humanity meets with divinity, the visible encounters the invisible and impossibility bows to possibility. The altar is the place where covenants are activated and God is provoked to speak and move.
Rebuild and renew your altar of prayer, praise, study of God’s word and kingdom service. Revive your heart and purge your mind of backslidden thoughts. Be enveloped in God’s presence, rededicate yourself to divine things, refuse to be distracted by carnality _ social media, television, etc and tune to ‘Radio Divinity’.
- Abraham ‘leave Haran to a place…’ 12:4
- Moses ‘I am sending you to Pharaoh…’ 3:10
- Elijah ‘arise, go to Zarephath…’ 1 Kg. 17:9
- Naaman ‘bathe in the River Jordan…’ 2 Kg. 5:10
- Jesus ‘fill the water pots with water…’ 2:7
- Peter ‘go to the house of Cornelius…’ Acts 10:22
- John ‘I heard a loud voice behind me…’ 1:10
All the individuals listed above achieved great things by the voice of God. I command your spirit-ear to open wide. You will begin to hear God as never before. You will hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church and not what circumstances, crowds, etc are. Welcome to the Pentecostal epoch of signs and wonders.
[Rev. 13:9; Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; Acts 2:3-4]
- Ask for divine leading for investments, wealth creation, ventures and economic security against famine
[Ps. 37:19; Ps. 33:18-20]
- Receive in prayer divine favour before all you come in contact with and pray that even competitors will rise to help you
[Lk. 2:52; Prov. 16:7]
- By faith declare complete victory over every sickness and disease; speak creative miracles
[Mal. 4:2; 1 Pt. 2:24; Is. 53:5]
- Pray for the manifestation of the Balm in Gilead at every GH service anywhere in the world
[Jer. 8:22; Acts 10:38; Mk. 16:18b]
- Receive divine health for you and your family, none shall die before their time
[Exod. 23:25; Job 36:11; Ps. 118:17]
- Pray for renewed health, relief from aches and pain, termination of chronic diseases, tumours and infirmity
[Ps. 143:11; Mk. 11:20-21]
- Ask God to anoint and use you and every GH member as a vessel to release divine healing
[Lk. 7:21; Ps. 107:20]
Thought for the week:
Hearing God impacts attitude, speech, prayers and actions