Keeping a keen eye out for early signs of health problems is important, but there are also things you can do to protect yourself now and in the future. These include:
1. Eating a healthy diet that includes all the major food groups, and watching portion sizes.
2. Trying for 30 minutes of exercise or more daily – adding up to at least 150 minutes a week.
3. Maintain bone health by eating three servings of low-fat dairy products every day and performing weight-bearing exercises – like walking, running, aerobics or dancing – at least three times a week.
4. Get regular health screening as advised.
5. Take time out for yourself. Experts say 30 minutes a day is ideal if you can fit it in. Make it a time when you do something just for you – reading, taking a bath, working in the garden, chatting online with friends – whatever relieves your stress will add years to your life and life to your years!
- You must login to post comments