Ladies this month we have Dr Titilola Osoba on safeguarding the mind.
Ladies you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are a Spirit, you have a Soul and lives in a Body.
Your Soul consists of your mind, emotions and will.
Your mind is the battleground, your mind can either make or break you, hence there’s a need to safeguard your mind. To safeguard means to protect your mind from danger, damage, destructions or against attack. Be careful what you set your mind on.
Learn to recognise when you feel stressed and manage stress promptly. When you feel stressed, the body releases chemicals called cortisol and adrenaline. High levels of stress lead to:
- High blood pressure
- Mood swing which can manifest as anxiety, depression or irritability
- Imbalance of blood sugar thereby risk of diabetics
- Poor sleep/ sleeping problems
- Weight gain
- Increase vulnerability to infection
- Heart burn, abdominal cramps etc
Stress has been linked to:
- Anxiety disorder
- Health diseases
- Digestive problems
- Sleep disorder
- Weight problems
- Skin condition
Learn Healthy ways to deal with stress promptly
- Do something about the situation/ the environment
- Change your reaction to the situation/ take charge of how you deal with problems
- Take care of yourself by
- Eating a healthy diet regularly
- Getting adequate sleep
- Engaging socially
- Making time for rest /relaxation
There are loads of scriptures on what kind of mind set you should have as a child of God and help you safe guards your mind. I have written some here for you to look up. Take time to look this up I have and I know together we can win and excel in our minds, emotions and will.
Isaiah 45, Isaiah 44, Isaiah43, Isaiah 41, Isaiah48:17, Isaiah 50:7, Isaiah54:4, Isaiah61:7
Jer 1:12 – I am alert and active, watching over my word to perform it.
Philip 4:6, 1 Pet 5:7
Jer 1:5, Prov 22:5, Isaiah 8:18 (discipline, instruction)
Dr Titilola Osoba