April 7th Greater Dimensions I – Dynamics Of Progress
Bible Reading: Gen. 26:1-14; Eccl. 10:15
Gen. 26:12-14 ‘then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him. (13) The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous (14) for he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds and a great number of servants. So the Philistines envied him’
Covenant Teaching: Gen. 26:1-14
It is a terrible plague to not know the next step to take in life, career, marriage, etc. God gave Joshua two vital keys to progress. The first was ‘bible-knowledge’ and the second ‘action-steps’. It’s not just what you know but also what you do with what you know that generates progress.
[Eccl. 10:15; Lk. 1:78-79; Josh. 1:8-9]
Do something different to elicit a change. Be ‘dynamic’, ‘progressive’ and ‘courageous’ enough to break your own records, develop on past successes and aspire to achieve what no one else has. Those who blaze new trails and defy natural boundaries possess and exhibit covenant qualities and habits that explain why:
- COURAGE: Reject discouragement, be courageous, daring and wiling to take on challenges others cower away from. Reject the fear of new things, new trends and new technology. Be open to concepts and ideas for increase and progress.
- FORESIGHT: Cultivate the ability to peer into the unknown. See what others fail to see for what you see galvanises you to strive to achieve. If you see nothing, you will do nothing. Look ahead and move ahead knowing your current ‘location’ is not ‘lasting’.
- INFORMATION: Be informed, current and up-to-date in your field to get and stay ahead. Information opens up possibilities and prevents you from becoming obsolete. Acquire facts and knowledge of emerging technology and become inspired and motivated.
In truth the acquisition of information does not come through prayer, fasting, laying-on of hands, etc. Intellectual enlightenment is a product of:
- Reading: Be highly studious and read relevant books, journals, publications, etc. Sharpen your mind for creativity and possibility.
- Learning: Keep learning; be curious, desirous and eager to know more. Ask questions about your goals, probe deeply and pry intellectually.
- Observing: Look and ‘see’, listen and ‘hear’. Observe the things around you that matter and confront the status quo of your living, serving, giving, actions, etc. Embark on a journey of transformation and rebuff stagnation.
This week resolve to introduce and embrace ‘change’ in your life. Be bold to go forward fearlessly. ‘Step out’ to ‘step into’ a realm of Greater Dimensions in Jesus’ name.
- Pray for Spirit led and harvest oriented evangelism for every GH member and department
[Mat. 9: 38; Jn. 4:35; Acts 8:26]
- Destroy demonic holds of godlessness, carnality, self-reliance and evil holding people captive in your area of influence.
[2 Cor. 4:3; 1 Jn. 3:8; 2 Cor. 4:6]
- Ask that every service in GH will be full of supernatural encounters with proof of God’s glory and presence
[Rev. 15:8; 2 Chron. 20:21-22]
- Pray for an atmosphere of worship and joyful thanksgiving in your house, church and community.
[2 Chron. 5:13-14; Phil. 4:4]
- Travail for the presence of God to swallow depression, destroy oppression and release endless joy.
[Ps. 16:11; Neh. 8:10]
- Pray for healing for the nations, end to conflicts, famine and destruction.
[Ezek. 47:9; Rev. 22:2]
- Thank God for more practical expressions of His love in GH and for greater impact outside the church walls.
[Titus 3:14; Rom. 12:13]
Thought for the day: Life stops the day learning stops.