Week IV April 22nd – 30th Greater Dimensions III
‘The Attitude Of Gratitude’
Bible Reading: Gen. 26:12-14; Jn. 11:41-44
1 Thess. 5:18 ‘in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you’
‘so the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness; Sorrow and sighing shall flee away’
Covenant Teaching: Rom. 10:9-11; Acts 2:17-19
The great servant of God, Enoch Adeboye said ‘in 2016 grateful hearts will have more causes to be grateful’. Every man and woman of ‘gratitude’ achieves great altitude’; and the ‘commitment’ to ‘gratitude’ determines ones ‘capacity’ for ‘greatness’. Unfettered, unrestrained ‘appreciation’ dictates a person’s ultimate ‘elevation’.
[Ps. 100:4-5; Ps. 92:1]
You cannot ‘appreciate’ in ‘anything’ when you do not practice the secret of ‘appreciating’ God for ‘everything’. Those who despise God’s doings on their lives end up despised. Thank God for two meals a day, clothes to wear and an income, no matter how little it is. Give thanks to God in all things.
[Ps. 105:1; Ps. 107:8]
Change some things about yourself and do things differently. Get rid of any pessimistic, negative, complaining or depressed attitudes and adopt a bright, optimistic and grateful one. If you want a better job, thank God for the one you have. Appreciate your current ‘position’ or there will be no ‘relocation’ to a better ‘destination’.
Gratitude can be defined in the following ways:
- Gratitude makes you rejoice and celebrate ‘today’ (present-tense) in the memory of where you where ‘yesterday’ (past-tense) to gain access to your desired ‘tomorrow’ (future-tense).
- Gratitude is heartfelt. When it is genuine it sings, dances, rejoices and speaks of the goodness of God ceaselessly. It sees what others don’t see, celebrates where others complain and is more than currency, circumstance or conflict.
[Is. 51:11; 1 Thess. 5:18]
- Gratitude understands that if it where not for the grace and goodness of God one deserves and can achieve nothing. The Lord gives the little and the much, the big and the small and everything in between; so be grateful for all things.
[1 Cor. 15:10]
- Gratitude is a higher spiritual frequency of operation. Faith says ‘God will do it’ but gratitude ‘thanks God for having already done it’. It injects life, vitality and divine possibilities instead of death, decay and difficulty.
[Jn. 11:41-44; Mk. 6:41-44]
Be grateful at all times and in all places. Thank God daily, even when challenging situations appear to persist. Celebrate every milestone as awesome, no matter how minuscule and remember life is in stages and phases; so climb higher by the force of gratitude.
- Speak peace to every raging storm of life. No more fears, trouble, turbulence and sleepless nights
[Mk. 4:39; Ps. 91:5]
- Declare, ‘I shall not be ashamed or disgraced. My God is with me in trouble; He delivers and honours me’.
[Is. 45:17; Ps. 91:15]
- Ask for access to ever increasing faith with growing insight into the Word of God for everyone in Glory House.
[Lk. 17:5; Acts 19:20]
- Pray for personal growth and maturity in the spirit; ‘Lord make me a battle-axe in your hands’.
[Heb. 6:1; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Jer. 51:20]
- Ask for a greater anointing on Pastor and that God’s glory and prosperity will cover him and his family.
[2 Thess. 3:1; Ps. 34:7]
- Give thanks for all Cedars (50+ year olds) for continued preservation, protection, health, life and answered prayers
[Deut. 34:7; Ps. 92:14]
- With a winners mindset, pull down strongholds and cast down imaginations boasting against your progress
[2 Cor. 10:4]
- Pray for more outpourings of the Holy Spirit, angelic encounters and supernatural visitations in Glory House
[Joel 2:28; Acts 2:2-4]
Thought for the week:
Gratitude is a fundamental spiritual instinct for increase
‘I have been struggling for years now with an addiction to pornography and masturbation. This started the same year I gave my life to Christ. It has been hard for me all through but at the Power Feast Retreat someone passed me an anointing oil bottle that Pastor Albert had prayed over and anointed me. Immediately there was a fire burning inside of me and I saw the demon leave me and since then no more addictions. I am blessed and truly believe in the God of Pastor Albert Odulele’. Miss M. A.
The Dead Raised
‘Two weeks ago a lady at my work place went in for an emergency Caesarian Section, the baby’s heartbeat was abnormally low. The doctor’s strenuous attempts to deliver the baby were met with complications but eventually the baby was delivered as a stillborn. As I carried the baby for a while, I started praying out loud in tongues when suddenly the baby’s eyes opened right in front of everyone. This was out of character for me as I’m always extremely professional at work but the prayer just burst out of me. What was even more unusual is that I was called out of a meeting to go into theatre, something very uncommon.’ Sis. M.